|Step 4: Remove Unwanted Programs Last Step Next Step|
Its assumed that at this stage
you have access to your machine. Lets just give you a scenario to
understand this stage. Some Spyware and even Viruses can actually
show up in your Programs list.
If you have a good knowledge
of what programs you should have you may notice unwanted programs. Be careful
in this area as uninstalling a program there is little come back. Remember
System Restore if you do need to go back before a previous
If you have previous versions of Anti-Virus still on your machine e.g. Norton or McAfee out of date and not protecting, uninstalling these can be very usefull as they are usually a nuisance and take up alot of your computers resources. PLEASE HELP
|How to remove an installed program|
To remove a program that is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
2. In the Currently installed programs box, click the program that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
3. If you are prompted to confirm the removal of the program, click Yes.
1. Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu. The Start button looks like flowing flag:
2. When the Start Menu opens click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. When the Control Panel window opens click on the Uninstall A Program option, under the Programs category. If you are using the Classic View of the Control Panel, then you would double-click on the Programs and Features icon instead.
4. You will now be at the Programs and Features, or Uninstall or
change a program. From this screen you can uninstall programs, view installed updates,
and turn Windows features on and off. PLEASE